I, Kim, am available to teach and support you everything you need to know when selecting the right baby carrier or sling for your family and needs. I will help you carry your baby or child safely and show you how to carry them comfortably and with confidence. I have 7 years experience carrying my own children and supporting others to carry theirs. I’d love to help you to carry yours too.
I offer 1:1 babywearing consultations from a dedicated space in my home in Wookey Hole, Somerset. If you would rather I came to your home, this can be arranged on request at an additional cost of £10 for travel within 30 minutes of my home.
Prior to our 1:1 consultation I will send you a pre-consultation questionnaire, which I ask you to complete at least 48 hours prior to our session. This allows me to tailor our session to suit your babywearing needs.
I offer a range of consultation options. Please see our product to pay for your consultation. I will then be in touch via the contact details you have provided to confirm the booking and to send you the above mentioned questionnaire. If you can’t see an option that fits with your needs please get in touch and we can discuss which package best fits your unique situation.
Standard consultation options:
Full consultation (Please allow about 90 minutes) £30
- Explore up to 3 different types of carriers or slings to suit your age and stage of your family
- Learn how to carry your baby or child safely and comfortably
Newborn / Bump to Baby (Please allow about 90 minutes) £30
- Explore a range of different carriers and slings suitable from birth
- For ‘bump’ appointments a complimentary 30 minute session is included once baby has arrived to check safety and comfort with your chosen sling or carrier
Back carrying (Please allow about 90 minutes) £30
- Learn to safely wear your baby or young child on your back
- Includes techniques for transferring baby on and off your back
- Suitable for children able to sit unaided (around 6 months+)
Mini Consult (Please allow about 45 minutes) £15
- Explore one type of carrier only e.g. ring slings or mai dais
Fit check (10 mins) £5
- Checking the fit of 1 carrier you already own or already have on hire
We know babies and young children need feeding, comfort, nappy changing etc. so please do not fret about the time too much. These session times are given as a guide for teaching new skills. Please do respond to your child’s needs as required during these sessions.
If price is a barrier please do get in touch as we have a ‘pay it forward’ fund available.
Please let us know if you are interested in joining one of our monthly workshops, spotlighting on a specific babywearing topic.
If you cannot wait for the next scheduled event, or the topic you are interested in isn’t listed, please do get in touch. We may be able to create a bespoke workshop to suit your needs. We require a minimum of 4 people for a workshop to go ahead, up to a maximum of 8.
Example workshop topics:
- Introduction to ring slings
- Using a stretchy wrap beyond the newborn stage
- Introduction to woven wraps
- Troubleshoot my buckle carrier
- Back carrying with buckles